Natural Sea Sponges are the oldest cleaners in the world and these ones come directly from Greece. The function by filtering water through their pore filled bodies and are safe to wash every part of our body and face.
Natural sea sponges are soft and gentle to the skin and are hypoallergenic. They do not irritate, provoke allergies or cause dermatitis.
Unlike synthetic cleaners, these non toxic sea sponges do not contain chlorine, detergents, synthetic fragrances or fibers etc
Size : As each sea sponge is natural, the size does vary between 10-11cm. They do expand in water. The cut of each sponge is different as well.
Sponges will be given at random, there is no choosing of the sponges.
We do a thorough wash of each sea sponge before mailing it out, but we do recommend for everyone to wash and soak the sea sponge for 24hours before usage .
If you experience any form of irritation, please stop using the sea sponge immediately.
Click here to read up more on sea sponges
How to use them
With proper care, a natural sea sponge can last from 6 months to a year
1. Wet the sponges: The initial step is to soak it in water for a few minutes to make them soften & ready to use.
2. Add a pump of our bodywash : This will help to produce a rich lather in the sponge
3. Apply in a circular motion: When you glide the sponge in a circular motion, it thoroughly cleans the dead skins. Natural sea sponges absorbs a huge amount of water when wet properly.
4. After use, wash it and dry : After your shower, remember to wash the sea sponge with water before letting it air dry on your racks.
How to care for them
1. Disinfecting in warm water : The first step is always similar in both cases, whether you want to use it for the first time or consider it for the future. Remember always it traps the dust so quickly. So, it should be clean before application.
2. Add baking soda : It is a natural antacid that eliminates the foul smell, exhibits the growth of bacteria and grime build-up.
3. Avoid ringing & twisting : If you want to enhance the life span of the sponge, always keep it away from your naughty children. Because it comes in fun shapes that kids find very interesting. You can squeeze it, many times which is very important to provide ample water to the face & body.
4. Trim the frayed edges : At some stage, the edges may fray and gets shorter so you can use scissors to trim them. It helps them last longer and doesn’t create a mess while cleaning.
I honestly love this sea sponge so much!!! It's very soft when it's wet, and it captures alot of foam on the soap. Love it!!!
I feel the sea sponge is good. Face feels smoother after use. Would like if there are bigger and slightly harder versions?
Loving the feeling of it on my skin and how absorbent and soft it is. definitely a great purchase